The Melrose Family Room has approximately 90 Full members and 20 Friend members. Membership is annual and all membership terms begin September 1 and run until the last day of the following August.
Below is a quick summary of what our membership includes; please refer to the Membership Handbook for full details.
Members with Full membership ($200 / year) :
- May use the room as many times as they wish per month.
- Full members and their caregivers may bring a guest family to the room.
- Full members may rent the room for three hours ($50) or four hours ($65) for parties or events.
- Full members are eligible to attend all MFR events and playgroups.
- Full members have volunteer requirements, including maintenance of the room.
Members with Friend membership ($50 / year):
- Must have been a Full member for at least one full year before attaining Friend member status.
- May use the room once per month, as they no longer utilize the room regularly but wish to provide support for the MFR (typically as their children begin to age out of using the room.)
- Friend members may also rent the room for three hours ($50) or four hours ($65) for parties or events.
- Friend members are eligible to attend all MFR events and playgroups.
- Friend members have volunteer requirements, including maintenance of the room.
Membership dues are $175 for Members, $50 for Friends, and are collected annually. Our membership season runs from September to the last day of August the following year. We also collect a $25 deposit for the key which is refunded once the key is returned at the end of a family's membership.
Membership for 2017-2018 is now closed.
We will be opening up a waitlist for the September 2018 - September 2019 membership year in March 2018. Please check back then to sign up!
Current Members: If you would like to be on the wait list to be a Friend, please complete the Friends of MFR Wait List form.